Dugan & Meyers, founded in 1935, is a commercial construction company that prides itself on its professionalism and integrity. We provide construction contracting services by Design/Bid/Build, Design/Build, and CMAR. We consider ourselves on the leading edge of technology within our industry. We have offices in Cincinnati, Ohio; Columbus, Ohio; and Louisville, Kentucky. Throughout our company history, we have completed a wide variety of quality projects with high customer satisfaction, such as water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, parking structures, mixed use facilities, high-rise offices, university buildings, and health care facilities.
Dugan & Meyers is currently seeking a Project Engineer (PE) for our Cincinnati or Louisville offices. This role would focus on the Industrial & Treatment Plant Division of the Company. The Project Engineer will assist the Project Manager on jobs and must have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in treatment plant or industrial construction, and a BS degree in engineering or construction management. The PE is responsible for all on-site project engineering requirements of the Project. The PE must maintain familiarity and understanding of the project documents including changes and act for and on behalf of the Project Manager in their absence.
Knowledge of construction, design, accounting, and understanding of industry practices and standards are required for this position. Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy are essential.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain contract documents, posting and distribution of addenda, field orders, clarifications and Requests for Proposal.
- Know project sequence and assist in project scheduling as directed.
- Know project requirements and assist in project purchasing as directed.
- Control the material and equipment expediting process. Ensure all deliveries arrive in accordance with the project schedule.
- Control shop drawings and submittals and review for contract compliance and establish a routing process to ensure that all involved in the work are kept informed of the approved shop drawings or status thereof.
- Leads the project QC including all deviation reports, pre-pour inspections, completion lists, testing reports, etc. Actively share with the Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Keep daily log of events and decisions, document job history
- Prepare project meeting agenda and minutes for distribution.
- Coordinate Requests for Information to and from architectural engineer, owner and other contractors and subcontractors.
- Assist in assembling proposals and prepare owner change orders. Compose subcontract and supplier change orders.
- Maintain “As-Built” drawings; prepare final close out sets.
- Secure operations manuals, guarantees and warranties; assist in project close-out.
- Assist in facility start-ups as directed.
- Be skilled with industry software such as Bluebeam, Autocad and Excel.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by the Project Manager.
Job Type: Full-time