Dugan & Meyers, founded in 1935, is a commercial construction company that prides itself on its professionalism and integrity. We provide both construction management and general contracting services and consider ourselves on the leading edge of technology within our industry. With offices in Cincinnati, Ohio; Columbus, Ohio; and Louisville, Kentucky, we have completed a wide variety of quality projects such as parking structures, schools, high-rise offices, university buildings, health care facilities, water / waste water treatment plants and unique concrete structures.
We have an immediate opening for a highly motivated Field/Craft Recruiter with an emphasis on developing strong community partnerships to draw talent into our organization in the Columbus/ Cincinnati regions. The ideal candidate must conduct oneself in a professional and confidential manner and possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Having a “can-do” attitude and being results driven will help this person be successful in this role. Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred. Knowledge of basic HR practices and safety and a minimum of 3-5 years construction experience with Field/Craft Personnel is preferred.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Recruiting of diverse talent with focus on both active and passive candidates. (Carpenters, Laborers, Excavation Operators, Concrete Finishers, Crane Operators, and Pipefitters) Initial Phone Screening/Active recruiting/ Tracking, Advertising management.
- Active participation in the onboarding process of new co-workers.
- Schedule and conduct Interviews and new hire orientations;
- Assist in facilitation of drug test and background check processes;
- Assist in hourly review process in conjunction with Superintendents and Craft Workforce Manager;
- Develop and implement a personal time management plan.
- Communicate monthly with current Apprentices and work with Operations Manager to identify new Apprentices annually.
- Assist with Safety/ HR Departments with personnel issues and /or training as needed;
- Be point person for all temporary Agencies in staffing hourly workforces. Initial Focus will be in the Columbus Market.
- Become actively involved and build relationships with Job placement services, Construction Associations, High Schools and Colleges, and Career Tech Schools in the Columbus and other areas as needed.
- Participate in Career and Job fairs to recruit Field Workers and promote DMLLC.
- Assist the General Superintendent with scheduling and assignment of craft workforce to active projects
The Field/Craft Recruiter will directly report to the Director of Human Resources and will work closely with the field operations. Dugan & Meyers offers a competitive salary and benefit package including health, dental, vision, short and long term disability and life insurance. We also offer paid vacations, and a 401(K) Plan with strong employer match.
Dugan & Meyers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and member of the Drug Free Safety Program.
Job Type: Full-time